August 23, 2011

1st Sunrise

This morning I woke up early again, but this time the feeling was more like a little kid on Christmas Day! So excited to hold him and discover more about our treasured gift! When I looked into his crib, I noticed he was already awake. Laying there peaceful and had been staring closely at me, studying my face. I don't know how long he had laid awake looking at his new Mama, but he never made a peep and when our eyes met this time, he did not turn away from me.

Laying on my pillow, his crib right next to my side of the bed, we looked at each other and I wondered what he thought of me, my eyes - so different from any he has ever seen before, my nose - far from the petite noses that he had come to expect, my smile - so wide and teeth much bigger and brighter then others he'd seen. I whispered my heart to him and he seemed to know the sound of my voice. I held out my arms and his eyes smiled. He loves to be held! This brand new day so full of possibilities, I can't wait to unwrap them all!

 
 Baba giving Mason a bottle while Skyping with our wonderful kiddos back home! We miss them so much! They LOVED getting to see him and they all think he is adorable! :) We didn't know he would still be on a bottle, so we didn't pack any. Susie took us last night to buy a bottle a some baby forumla. The formula box says "Enfagrow" and looks like our Enfamil. The bottle is really cool! It has this weighted tube inside it that allows the baby to drink it sitting up instead of holding it upside down. Pretty genius for toddlers!



1st outfit picked out by his new Mama! :)


1st breakfast with his forver family! :)



Photobucket

No comments: