June 29, 2011

Favorite Things

So we really haven't purchased many clothes for Mason simply because we've been blessed by the wonderful donations of our sweet friends with clothes for him which have gone above and beyond in completely meeting so many of our needs. :) So in the excitement of beginning to think of him coming home (I actually looked at David the other morning and said, "Just think! In 2 months he could be here!!!") we decided it would be fun to get him a few things. They've already become some of my favorite things and I can't wait to see him in them! :)

3 teeny tiny pairs of "underwears" - that's what the girls call them. lol! :) I have no idea if he is potty trained or not - so I'm only gonna bring 3 pairs and some pull-ups too. The dino shirt has matching shorts with stars on them. Reminded me of Hayden - he loved the song "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and also of Hollyn who loves the show Dinosaur Train. And the robot PJ's were so cute and colorful and well, they just happened to match the little backpack we bought him. Fun!


Friends gave us a great idea to fill up a little backpack for him with small toys, coloring book, and treats for the airplane rides and hotel room. Found this cute one for him! Can't wait to pack it! :)


LOVE it! It's a little big - I actually wished for it to shrink up in the dryer - lol! I don't think I've every wished that in my life! ha! But, he is so small - I think it might be next summer before this one will fit.


PJ's! Cozy and scrumptiously soft - can't wait to cuddle him in them. :) Two little short outfits - small sizes just in case he is even smaller than we thought. A little shirt for this fall/winter - in Ch*n@ one of the first words they teach children is "Red". Red is a "lucky" color in Ch*n@ and many families decorate their homes with it. In fact, on the medical progress report we've received at referral for both of our children that is one of the milestone check boxes for toddlers... "Recognizes color red." lol!  Plus - it just looks so fun!

So the hat cracks me up! Reminds me so much of my Grandpa Morris - really been missing him a lot lately. and then the shoes...hee. Well, how CUTE are those shoes! :)

All of this cuteness caused another happy moment of "this is really happening!" that occurred last night as I cut off the tags and began to wash everything, drying them, and then folding those little clothes and socks made me smile. :) It's been a long, long while since I've folded little boy clothes. God certainly knew my heart needed lots of time to heal before bringing to us a new son, and now instead of tears over what will never be - there are smiles for what is to come! Just wanted to share, some of the little things that are making my heart smile as we wait for George Mason to come home.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO cute!! George Mason is going to be one styling little dude!!!