Oh my heart! I LOVE MY SON! I can't wait to kiss those sweet little cheeks! If I'm not mistaken, I do believe the cutest boy in all of Ch*n@ is OURS! (hee hee! not that I'm biased or anything - lol!)
Yesterday, we purchased a care package for our little boy from a wonderful lady who lives in Ch*n@ and works for families who are adopting little ones. We purchased him a little photo book that will have photos of our family inside so that he can begin to learn our names and faces and prayerfully that will help him with the transition into our family. Along with the care package, she asks for an update from the orphanage, and I had no idea how fast the update would appear in our inbox!
I thought we would have to wait for the care package to be delivered, then the update written out, then mailed back to her, then to us. So I guess I was expecting months to go by or at least weeks. nope. ONE DAY LATER! So blessed!!!! I quickly forwarded the email to Dave at school and when we finally were able to talk about them, it was incredible how on the same page our hearts and feelings are about our son. David and I both had the same thought looking at our little boy.
He still looks so sad and we can't wait to put a smile and giggle on his little face. And our next thought was the same too...
"he needs his Mommy."
"he needs his Daddy."
We smiled and hugged knowing how miraculous this whole journey really is! Praise God that our hearts are united in our efforts to bring him home and that prayer that was lifted up at the beginning of this journey when David was struggling to say "Yes" to being a daddy again has been sealed with God's confirmation that we are both READY TO GO BRING HIM HOME! BOTH of US are overflowing with JOY and so ready to hold him in our arms! Praise His Holy Name!
Just 8 months ago...we had no idea the journey God would lead us on. No idea that our son waited in Ch*n@. No idea the blessing God was ready to pour out on us. Just 8 months ago...we were both weak and wounded from the battle with the enemy over our precious daughter, both questioning God's plans for our family, both burdened by the results of unfilled expectations and wanting nothing more than a new beginning. Jesus' arms open and waiting to hold us. His plans so much bigger than ours. Holding our hearts high to Him, together, we marched down the mountain we had just recently ascended and decided we would follow Jesus back down it again to Ch*n@ to bring home our son. Trusting Him to lead the way. Wherever He led us. Whatever the cost. Whenever He asked. It has not been easy. There are days and nights we struggle to find our way. But as He promised, He has always been with us. Never left us. Not even for a minute.
As we await immigration approval to travel to Ch*n@, we continue to pray for His provisions to complete our journey to our son, and we know He will be faithful to meet every need however great, however small, in His perfect timing. For He has shown us through His word that He is more than able!
Psalm 20
1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
4 May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy over your victory
and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
and grant you support from Zion.
3 May he remember all your sacrifices
and accept your burnt offerings.
4 May he give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
5 May we shout for joy over your victory
and lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the LORD grant all your requests.
6 Now this I know:
The LORD gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
with the victorious power of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.
9 LORD, give victory to the king!
Answer us when we call!
The LORD gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
with the victorious power of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.
9 LORD, give victory to the king!
Answer us when we call!
So blessed to believe in a God that not only cherishes the desires of our hearts, but actively pursues a deep and meaningful relationship with each one of His beloved children. A God who goes to battle for us, who chooses to bless us by working through us to do His good pleasure, what a JOY to serve THE KING OF KINGS! What a blessing to know He loves us! My soul sings!
O Lord my God,
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The works Thy Hand hath made,
I see the stars,
I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed;
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The works Thy Hand hath made,
I see the stars,
I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed;
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
These photos just make my heart SOAR with LOVE and JOY!



2 comments:
Oh Shelly & Dave...he is just precious and beautiful. He does need you and will be so blessed to call you Mommy and Daddy. God Bless Mason and I will continue praying for all of you. He's SO cute!!!
oh my goodness! What a handsome little man. He does need his family to bring some smiles! We were blessed last week with new pictures of Clara as well. What a blessing in this crazy wait. 60 days of waiting for LOA, praying it is here really soon!
Post a Comment