Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!! 

We are officially approved by China to be George Mason's Mommy & Daddy! David and I are BEYOND excited! God has been so faithful throughout our journey to do exactly as He promised and open every single door for us! Praise His Name! I had a feeling pressed deeply on my heart that we would hear news this week. I can't really explain it - we should have waited 2 to 3 months for our approval, but I know God's ways are so much higher than ours, and there was a peace that this week we would receive our LOA. I have to admit all day today I've been a little sad thinking somehow I had heard Him wrong. It wasn't until this evening that things started to make sense...
you see...
Apparently, Nicole from AAC called earlier this morning...and well, the girls both decided that to TODAY of ALL DAYS they would be "helpful" and they both ANSWERED the phone call! And NO they are not supposed to answer the phone! And YES this is the VERY FIRST time they've ever done that. lol! I was in the bathroom of all places! 
So our director at our agency told them "Go tell your Mommy that "Nicole" is on the phone and needs to talk to her." They both said "Mommy is in the bathroom." (nice! oy vey!) So she told them again to tell me and they said "Okay" and then she heard "click" as they promptly hung up the phone. lol! Now to their credit they did knock on the bathroom door and tell me that "somebody is on the phone" but of course I didn't IMAGINE that they had answered the phone. I thought they were just letting me know someone was leaving a voice mail - because we have a really, really, did I say REALLY, old answering machine and you can actually hear the person leaving the message. So I went on with my chores, bathed the girls, put them down for naps, jumped in the shower and got ready to go to Target to work. The whole time neither one of the girls offered up any IDEA that they had talked to someone on the phone. Nope...they never did deliver that message. Those little munchkins!
So right before I'm headed out the door to my evening part/time job, and I mean RIGHT BEFORE, keys in hand, purse on shoulder, walking out the garage door - Nicole calls back. And tells me the story of what happened earlier this morning..and then she says, "I have some EXCITING NEWS FOR YOU! WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR LOA from CH*N@!"

So our director at our agency told them "Go tell your Mommy that "Nicole" is on the phone and needs to talk to her." They both said "Mommy is in the bathroom." (nice! oy vey!) So she told them again to tell me and they said "Okay" and then she heard "click" as they promptly hung up the phone. lol! Now to their credit they did knock on the bathroom door and tell me that "somebody is on the phone" but of course I didn't IMAGINE that they had answered the phone. I thought they were just letting me know someone was leaving a voice mail - because we have a really, really, did I say REALLY, old answering machine and you can actually hear the person leaving the message. So I went on with my chores, bathed the girls, put them down for naps, jumped in the shower and got ready to go to Target to work. The whole time neither one of the girls offered up any IDEA that they had talked to someone on the phone. Nope...they never did deliver that message. Those little munchkins!

So right before I'm headed out the door to my evening part/time job, and I mean RIGHT BEFORE, keys in hand, purse on shoulder, walking out the garage door - Nicole calls back. And tells me the story of what happened earlier this morning..and then she says, "I have some EXCITING NEWS FOR YOU! WE HAVE RECEIVED YOUR LOA from CH*N@!"
And ever since 4:45 pm this evening, I haven't been able to erase the smile from my face. My cheeks actually ache! :) What a GREAT DAY! And to think, somehow, someway, God even worked all that chaos out for good too, because David was home from school when we finally learned the AMAZING news together, so I guess it all worked out in the end just as it should have.

We are so EXCITED! So it is official! We are PARENTS to the CUTEST LITTLE BOY in the WORLD! (not that I'm biased or anything...lol!)
AAC is Fed-Exing the all important documents to us, we sign them and notarize them and send everything back to them ASAP! Then our paperwork goes to USCIS for our I800 approval (processing immigration paperwork for his travel visa to the U.S.). We don't really know how long that will take. Could be weeks or a month or more. Then the wait for our Travel Approval. So we are praying that we can still travel before school starts. Wouldn't it be miraculous to be able to hold him on his 2nd birthday!?!
Praising God for another miraculous milestone completed on this journey to our treasured son!

3 comments:
Wow, that was fast! I am so excited for you.
Fantastic, wonderful news!!! Congratulations Shelly and family...so excited for you!!
LOVE THIS!!!!!! So excited for you, and that you have another story for GM in the years to come when you tell him how you finally found out that he was officially part of the family.
Post a Comment