August 25, 2011

Baba Rocks!




 Pancakes for breakfast! He LOVED them!






All I can say... "Like father, like son."

 The universal toddler treat - Cheerios!

Again with the tongue. ahahaha! cute, right?

Mason was playing with Daddy today and for the first time since he's been with us - he spoke! We were praying that we would hear his first words before leaving China, so we were both excited to hear him talk. He said "Baba" - yep, Daddy was his first word. :) He was sitting on David's lap looking through the photo flashcards and pointed to a picture of David and said "Baba". He has the cutest little voice. So sweet and gentle. :) He also repeated after me while we were watching the traffic out the window. He said something - then I said "yah" and he said "yah".... he said something else - I said "mhm" and he said "mhm". lol! He said "shoe" repeating after David. And he also says "woo" when he gives me a toy to help him with, I'm not sure what word that is in Chinese??? He also recognized that Daddy left today to go with Susie to pick up the notary papers. While he was gone, I asked Mason, "Where's Baba?" He looked at me with wide eyes and went over to the door. :)

He also giggled today when I tickled his tummy. He was sitting on my lap and falling backwards then I would tickle his tummy and he giggled and wanted to do that over and over again. So cute! We tried to brush his teeth today too. But, he really doesn't like that at all. He locked down and it was a lot of convincing him, but eventually he sorta let me brush them ... baby steps. :) He also is not a fan of apple juice and when he is drinking his bottle he bites down on it if you try and take it away when he isn't quite done yet. lol! He also is showing us his stinker side by smiling when I tell him "no no". He stops the behavior but he isn't exactly remorseful about it, if you know what I mean. lol!

We gave him his first bath - I knew he would be afraid, just had a feeling. So David put on his swim trunks and jumped in the bathtub with Mason. Baba Rocks! Mason was calm and held onto David the entire time. :) He splashed just a little bit when David showed him how too, but really it was pretty intense for him. He is so little and the bathtub pretty big for China standards. lol! After his bath, David played catch with him again. He was smiling the whole time until I pulled out the camera. Stinker! Then he stuck out his tongue. Nice! ahaha! Still cute though!

So to wrap up the day in just two words - Baba Rocks! :)

Other than that, we didn't really do much today. Sat in the room and waited for Susie to get Mason's passport and the notary papers all collected. We also received our laundry back and started packing up our suitcases. We'll leave tomorrow for Guangzhou around 4pm. Susie's going to take us to Mason's finding spot before we leave. It will be an emotional day leaving behind our son's home province and the beginnings of his precious life.




Photobucket

6 comments:

The gFamily said...

He is just too cute, tongue and all! HA! Yes, his Baba does rock! You guys are such great parents, and Mason is such an amazing blessing! I'm loving the pictures! Gerald and I enjoyed looking through all of them this morning. We are excited to meet him! :)

Marci Nolen said...

Sitting here with tears rolling down my face...you are such an amazing writer Shelly. I can almost feel myself watching these amazing relationships blooming. Will be praying for safe travels and cannot wait to see all of you. Love & prayers to you three and of course praying for your "little" ones here at home too. Baba does rock, just ask Matthew!

Amber said...

Shelly,
Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I can see your face and hear your heart in the words that you write. What a blessing and a testimony to your faith in our Lord for His Will your life and that of Dave. Please know that I am praying for you and for a safe And comfortable flight home. Keep those Cheerios handy for the flight! :)
Amber

dbushong said...

Loving the ability to feel like we are there with you in your amazing way with words. So happy for the great forward steps, and you are documenting them so well for him to read later in life... blessings to you. Who would have thought a year ago, that baba would be playing with his new son!!

Theresa said...

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone here and Mason that his baba does indeed, rock. Love all of these special firsts and that the two of you are getting to shower all of this attention on him together (I guess I should have said you get to bathe him with attention, but you get the point). I like how you are all getting to know one another, and especially your comment about him not being remorseful about a behavior. So classic.

Amy said...

Shelly - He is so stinkin cute! His eyes are gorgeous!!! I love this post! It seems like he is settling in nicely and you guys are loving every bit of him! I'm reading every post! I pray you transition to Guangzhou nicely and enjoy your stay there. Blessing to you all!

Amy