Today marks the beginning of the Chinese New Year celebration! On the adoption yahoo group I joined while waiting for Jessa's referral, I've made so many friends and the group owner has been encouraging us with 14 days of Love Challenges. The challenges are very inspiring and today's challenge was doing something special for CNY with our family. The kids and I had already made paper lanterns yesterday and David helped hang up their masterpieces on a string across the kitchen table! It was the first time we've done this to decorate for CNY. Since it is such a major holiday in China and celebrated in the hopes that the New Year will bring each family: luck, health, happiness, and wealth. There are many traditions to reflect on and some we can actually replicate! One of the traditions is wearing a new set of clothing. Red is the lucky color! Apparently the donning of new threads, red in color, shows the "gods" that your family is prepared for the year ahead with "more than enough" wealth and luxuries to go around. We are celebrating in our own little way, making paper lanterns, wearing new Chinese silks, eating a wonderful Chinese dinner complete with noodles (long life) and dumplings (gold ingots), and handing out red envelopes with lucky money (even amounts only) inside to the kiddos. But besides the traditional aspects of this holiday, this year, we are also reminded of the promises that the one true God has for our family. The Something New He has given to us and the promises to bring George Mason home!
So while he is not here to celebrate, he is in our hearts. So I thought I would post his "something new" for this CNY. We received the bedding for his room and it is ADORABLE. I can't believe that we were able to find Curious George toddler bedding at Pottery Barn! I guess the Chinese would call that "lucky"! The sheets go so perfectly with the toddler quilt although we purchased that from Target. It looks like they were made to go together, but the quilt is actually from a different brand entirely. I'm so excited to put his room together.
And in case you were wondering...the girls are getting new bedding too! We found the perfect compromise for the girls who wanted PINK and PURPLE. This bedding has BOTH and yellow too, so we won't have to repaint the room entirely. YAY! They were soooooo excited to see their NEW blankets! And they will be even MORE excited when we get their bunk beds put together! Well, that's all the NEW we have for today. :) Checking the mailbox daily to see if our fingerprint appointment papers have come from the USCIS. Nothing yet. We really wanted to be DTC in February. That may be more like March now.So while he is not here to celebrate, he is in our hearts. So I thought I would post his "something new" for this CNY. We received the bedding for his room and it is ADORABLE. I can't believe that we were able to find Curious George toddler bedding at Pottery Barn! I guess the Chinese would call that "lucky"! The sheets go so perfectly with the toddler quilt although we purchased that from Target. It looks like they were made to go together, but the quilt is actually from a different brand entirely. I'm so excited to put his room together.
All in His perfect timing. Funny what YEARS of waiting for Jessa's referral gave us - a new perspective on waiting and patience for sure! Happy Chinese New Year! Gung Hay Fat Choi!



No comments:
Post a Comment