Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr
Today was a wonderful MLK holiday off from school & work, and we spent the day enjoying the company of each other. We also decided to move bedrooms around and plan out a design for what will be Mason's new nursery. Steps like these always make the process of adopting feel real and permanent. Paperwork and documents certainly bring our journey closer to embracing our son, but paint swatches, fabric choices, and room themes begin to create more than just spaces in our hearts for him, but in a very real sense, a space in our home. Just a few months ago, George Mason wasn't even in our minds to consider, and now, having taken that very first step of faith, he is becoming all that we think about. Prayers for him are said at bedtime and dinnertime. The girls ask me daily when we will be able to bring him home; their little brother whom they affectionately call "Curious George." AJ talks about all that he will be able to teach him, and adds his own influence in choosing paint colors. Orange! {not gonna happen, but so cute that he wanted to vote! :) }
The girls are SUPER excited to be sharing a room together! We barely got the ideas out of our mouths and they were moving all of Jessa's things from her room into Hollyn's. :) Three nights of them sleeping in the same room together has brought back a lot of memories for both David and I of our childhoods. We both shared rooms with our siblings. Talking until we fell asleep, sharing secrets and giggles, waking each other up to discover what the day held. We prayed a special prayer over the girls that God would bless their room with conversations that honor Him, their hearts with love toward each other, and to grow their friendship in a deepening bond of sisterhood. I know God has great things planned for both of them; and somehow, I do believe that although I could not have imagined them sharing a room just a few months ago, it is definitely a positive step for both of them.
And on top of all the excitement in preparing for our little boy to come home, there is a wonderment about how we will all "fit" together. What will he be like? His personality? His likes? His dislikes? Questions we will not have answers to until the day our eyes meet for the very first time. But alas, there is much time to ponder those thoughts, for now we are deep in love with just the idea of him. And in all of our planning, painting, and creating...we have all discovered he has already found a place and filled a huge space in our family.

2 comments:
I'm with Andrew and I say ORANGE!!!
Jaxson's room was orange.
Already in love with this little guy. I spent the walk back from the bus stop today in thought about what he will go by. Interesting that you referred to him as both Mason and the kids called him Curious George. For my mind, I settled on GM, which became pronounced gem, which is what he is. More later, but just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your musings in the middle of a busy season.
Post a Comment