"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." ~ Chinese Proverb
We have taken the first step in our walk of faith today by mailing to our agency in Colorado (AAC) the preliminary documents requesting permission from Ch*na to complete the adoption process to bring our baby boy home. He is listed with their new Special Focus Child program with the AAC Adoption & Family Networks agency! We are excited to be working with them for this next journey! They are amazing!
This first step required us to submit a Nurture Plan that details our desire to adopt him and the assets that God has blessed us with to care for his special needs. We are praying for God's favor and that He would place individuals to review our file that would grant us the OPEN DOOR that He has promised.
Our agency will have our documents translated and mail them to Ch*na within the next couple days. The program director told us that they usually hear from the C C A A in 2 weeks with the answer if we have been approved. We are asking you to stand with us in prayer and offer up our requests to God who knows our future even before we have arrived. We are praying that we will hear the answer in 1/2 the time!
Until we hear the GOOD NEWS of PA received, this cute little ladybug graphic will be hovering over our son's adorable photo up there on the blog header. So it's worth praying for PA to come quickly, just so we can reveal his precious photo. Oh, and by the way, Hollyn and I saw a REAL red ladybug the other day, not just the orange beetle bugs, on a bundle of hay at the apple orchard when she was there for a preschool field trip. For some reason, in the Chinese adoption community, a red ladybug is a sign of "good luck" and that "good news" is coming. Well, I just think that's fun, and I often look for ladybugs outside. And no, I don't really believe in fate or things like that because I believe God's signs are the truest gifts of confirmation, but I have to say, it was surprising to see the ladybug since usually the red ones are so tiny. I think God knew I would smile thinking about all the red threads He is weaving into our story with this new journey. He was right. I did smile up at Him. I smiled because Oh How He Loves Me! Thank you God for the red little ladybug. :)
These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Revelation 3:7-8Praising Him for His Provision of Favor and knowing that in the spiritual realm He has already given us the only approval we need to Go! in His mighty name!
Our agency will have our documents translated and mail them to Ch*na within the next couple days. The program director told us that they usually hear from the C C A A in 2 weeks with the answer if we have been approved. We are asking you to stand with us in prayer and offer up our requests to God who knows our future even before we have arrived. We are praying that we will hear the answer in 1/2 the time!
Until we hear the GOOD NEWS of PA received, this cute little ladybug graphic will be hovering over our son's adorable photo up there on the blog header. So it's worth praying for PA to come quickly, just so we can reveal his precious photo. Oh, and by the way, Hollyn and I saw a REAL red ladybug the other day, not just the orange beetle bugs, on a bundle of hay at the apple orchard when she was there for a preschool field trip. For some reason, in the Chinese adoption community, a red ladybug is a sign of "good luck" and that "good news" is coming. Well, I just think that's fun, and I often look for ladybugs outside. And no, I don't really believe in fate or things like that because I believe God's signs are the truest gifts of confirmation, but I have to say, it was surprising to see the ladybug since usually the red ones are so tiny. I think God knew I would smile thinking about all the red threads He is weaving into our story with this new journey. He was right. I did smile up at Him. I smiled because Oh How He Loves Me! Thank you God for the red little ladybug. :)

1 comment:
Oh Shelly, I am so excited for you guys. I had no idea! How old is your little guy? Oh I can't wait to find out more!! :) I will be praying for your family!
Hugs, Kari
Post a Comment